WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A 3-year-old boy fell out of a 2-story Serengeti Springs apartment window in West Jordan Tuesday.
According to West Jordan Police air jordan 2011 quick fuse black blue Sergeant Rich Bell, the boy's parents opened the window to air out the apartment at 7909 South 6760 West.
Bell said the boy pushed on the screen to look outside and fell down onto the concrete patio below.
The boy had bruises and head trauma, but never lost consciousness, according to Bell.
The boy was flown by helicopter to a local air jordan 2011 quick fuse hospital as a precaution.
ABC 4 talked with a mother whose son fell from her window June 10,2011. Her name is Kimberly Rawson-Ford and her son's name is Slater Holt.
He climbed on a table next to a window to play with a toy train. He too leaned on the screen and fell between 12 and 14 feet onto the concrete driveway.
The impact fractured the left side of his skull and left the right side of his body paralyzed when he woke in a hospital bed.
Today, however young Slater has made a lot of progress.
"Having fun today?" asked ABC 4 reporter Noah Bond. "Yeah," answered 6-year-old Slater Holt. "What are you doing?" said Bond. "I'm going bike riding," Slater said through a smirk.
The little guy rode his bike for our cameras flashing his smile up and down his neighborhood. His mother says this is possible because of several weeks of physical therapy. She also credits prayer and fasting to his recovery.
She is sharing words of encouragement to the air jordan 2011 quick fuse release West Jordan parents whose child fell out of a window May 8, 2012.
"An accident like this happens do not blame yourself. Do not blame anyone for it. It happens so fast. Just make sure you take those precautions," said Rawson-Ford.
She is also issuing a warning because she says any child can fall from a window.
"Talk to your children. Sometimes we get so afraid that if we mention the scary that an accident is going to happen, but the more knowledge you give your children the more power they're going to have to make the right choices," Rawson-Ford said.
She has moved all tables away from her windows and recommends buying safety devices which keep children from opening windows more than a few inches.